Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
Oven time 50-55 min
Whole Wheat carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting is a moist healthy vegan baked goodness loaded with nuts and raisins for you and your loved ones.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes + Refrigeration time.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 9-10
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 275g, cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cup, icing sugar
- 75g, butter, at room temperature
- 1 tspn, vanilla essence
Ingredients For Carrot Muffins:
- 1½ cup, whole wheat flour
- 1, large egg
- 5 tablespoons, olive oil
- ½ cup, honey
- 75 ml, almond milk
- 1 cup, carrot, grated
- 1 tspn, lemon juice
- 1 tspn, cinnamon powder
- 1 tspn, baking powder
- ¼ tspn, soda
- 1/8 tspn, salt
- ¼ cup, raisins
- ¼ cup, pecan nut, roughly chopped
We'd love your feedback
Method to make the Cream Cheese Frosting
01. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned for frosting.
02. Whisk well until fluffy and smooth.
03. Allow the frosting to chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
Method to make the Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins
01. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
02. Line the muffin pan with muffin liners.
03. Sift together cinnamon powder, baking powder, soda, salt and flour. Keep it aside.
04. In another large bowl, add honey, olive oil, egg, vanilla essence, lemon juice and whisk everything well until smooth.
05. Add milk and whisk well. Now add, flour mixture and gently mix until everything just gets together. Don’t overmix.
06. Now add grated carrot, raisins and pecan nuts and mix.
07. Fill the muffin liners with the batter and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
08. Allow it to cool completely.
09. Once they are cooled well, then pipe the cream cheese frosting on each of the cupcakes. Serve them.