Chicken Pizza Pockets
Oven time 50-55 min
Chicken Pizza Pockets are delicious cheese chicken stuffed crisp deep fried snack that’s perfect for kids party. They are absolutely easy to make and serves the purpose of even starters/appetizers not only for kids party but to grown-ups as well.
Preparation Time : 40 minutes + Refrigeration time.
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
Servings : 12-13
Ingredients: For the Stuff
- 200 gms, boneless chicken, boiled and shredded
- ¼ cup, onions, chopped
- ¼ cup, capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp, yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tsp, red chili flakes
- 1½ tsp, Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp, tomato ketchup
- ½ cup, mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp, oil
- 1 tsp, garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients: For the Pockets
- 250 gms, Elephant Atta (white flour)
- 1 tsp, baking powder
- 4 tbsp, oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Ice cold water
We'd love your feedback
Method For Stuffing:
01. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and fry for few seconds.
02. Then add onions and saute until soft and pink.
03. Then add capsicum and yellow bell pepper and toss for couple of minutes.
04. Add chili flakes, Italian seasoning and toss well. Cook for a minute.
05. Then add tomato ketchup and mix.
06. Now add shredded chicken, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for a minute.
07. Take it off the heat and allow it to cool completely.
08. Then add grated mozzarella cheese and mix.
09. Cover the stuffing and keep it aside.
Method For Pockets:
01. Take flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl. Mix well.
02. Now add oil and mix with using fingers such that the flour mixture gets crumbly and holds the shape when held in a fist.
03. Now add ½ cup of ice cold water and start kneading the dough. The mixture will be getting together to form a dough.
04. Knead it into a stiff dough.
05. Cover and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
06. After 30 minutes, divide the dough into 2 parts.
07. Take one part of the dough and roll it into a square sheet with the thickness of 3mm to 4mm.
08. Now cut the sheet into squares of size 2 to 3 inches. If you wish to make it bigger in size then cut them to the measure accordingly. Also, make sure that you get even number of squares as you will need 2 to make one pizza pocket.
09. Now take one square. Place a spoonful of stuffing in the center. Brush the sides of the square with water and cover with another square.
10. Slightly press the edges using your fingers and then use a fork to secure the edges.
11. Similarly, make all the pizza pockets.
12. Now place the pizza pockets on a tray with parchment paper and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
13. After 30 minutes, heat enough oil in a pan or kadhai.
14. Once the oil is medium hot, gently slide in the pizza pockets one by one. Deep fry them until brown and crisp.
15. Each batch will take about 6 to 7 minutes to get done.
16. Do not overload the pan by adding too many pockets in a single batch.
17. Repeat the same for all the pockets.
18. Serve them hot with ketchup or sauces of your choice.