Wholewheat Chicken Pot Pie
Oven time 50-55 min
Chicken Pot pie with Elephant Atta Medium with Multigrain flour crust. This Whole Wheat Pie Crust is a perfect alternative to a classic butter pie crust. Elephant Atta Medium with Multigrain is wholesome and high in fibre, with this healthier pie crust comes together easily and makes a great base for pie. I made easy chicken and vegetable filling.
Ingredients for Wholewheat Chicken Pot PiePie Crust Ingredients
- Elephant Atta Medium with Multigrain: 3 cups
- Coconut oil: 1/2 cup
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Iced cold water: as required Filling Ingredients
- Roasted chicken, shredded: 1 whole
- Unsalted butter: 50 g
- Brown Onion: 1 medium
- Garlic: 3 cloves minced
- Carrots: 1/2 cup
- Celery: 1/2 cup
- Peas: 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms: 8/9 pcs sliced
- Plain flour: 1/2 cup
- Chicken broth: 400 ml
- Double cream: 150 ml
- Salt: 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper: 1 tbsp
- Thyme: 1 tsp fresh
- Milk: for top wash brushing
We'd love your feedback
Method to make Wholewheat Chicken Pot Pie
01. Add Elephant Atta Medium with Multigrain in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pour in coconut oil. Mix it well until atta and oil are combined. Pour Iced cold water slowly. Add more water if needed, until the dough comes together into a shaggy ball.
02. Let it sit at room temperature while you’re preparing the ingredients for the filling.
03. In a large pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until all sautés. Add Mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
04. Stir in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
05. While stirring, slowly pour in the double cream and warm broth. Stir in the thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and bring to a simmer. Cook just until the sauce is thickened.
06. Stir in the chicken and peas. Pour the filling into a bowl to cool.
07. On a lightly floured surface, roll one pie crust to a 30 cm circle. Transfer to a deep 9-inch pie plate. Pour in the cooled filling.
08. Roll out the remaining pie crust, cut in inches strips and place it on top of the filling. Make a wavy basket effect. Trim the excess crust within 1 inch of the edge of the pie plate.
09. Pinch the edges. Brush the pie crust with milk. Sprinkle black pepper
10. Bake for 35 minutes.
11. Garnish with thyme.