Oven time 50-55 min
Ingredients for Chana Pulao:
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Onion: 2 medium finely sliced
- Tomatoes: 2 medium finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tbsp
- Cloves: 6/7 pcs
- Bay leaves: 2 pcs
- Green chillies: 6 pcs
- Cinnamon stick: 3 inches
- Black cardamom: 2 pcs
- Dried plums: 5/6 pcs
- Salt: 1 tbsp (as per taste)
- Chickpeas: 2 cups boiled
- Yogurt: 1/4 cup
- Water: 1 litre
- Elephant Rice Basmati Boost: 500 g
- Coriander seeds: 1 tsp roasted & crushed
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp roasted and crushed
We'd love your feedback
Method to make Chana Pulao
1. In a pot, heat up the oil, add onions and fry until brown.
2. Take out the fried onions and set aside for later use. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, cloves, black cardamom, fry for a few seconds.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, fry until fragrant.
4. Add tomatoes and cook until softened.
5. Add dried plums, green chillies, boiled chickpeas, crushed roasted cumin seeds, coriander seeds, saltand yogurt. Cook for 4/5 minutes until all water dries.
6. Add water and bring to boil.
7. Add rice and cook until 1 cup water remaining.
8. Add fried onions on top and place on dum for 20 minutes.
9. Remove lid, give it a mix and serve. Enjoy!