Gozleme using Medium Atta
Oven time 50-55 min
Gozleme!! Crispy, golden Turkish flatbreads stuffed with all sorts of tasty fillings. Choose from Spinach and Feta, or spiced Chicken / Beef. If you are craving something savoury this Ramadan, you must try this Gozleme using Elephant Atta Medium Atta!
Ingredients for Gozleme
- Flour: - Elephant Atta Medium
- Meat: - 500 g Chicken Mince
- 390 g Baby spinach
- 1 pepper
- 4 Garlic clove
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Onion
- 2 Eggs (refrigerated)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin, powder
- 1 Tbs Basaar mix
- 1/3 cup Olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (serving)
- 420 g Danish feta
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 6-8 cup’s Water
We'd love your feedback
Method to make GozlemePASTRY:
01. Prepare Mixer with dough hook. Combine the Elephant Medium atta, oil, salt, and water in the stand mixer bowl. Mix for 2.5 minutes on medium high Dough should be a pliable, smooth ball, or even a little sticky (sprinkle flour to handle easier)
02. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
03. Sprinkle work surface with Elephant Medium Atta. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Now roll outCHICKEN OR BEEF FILLING:
01. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
02. Cook garlic and onion for 1 minute. Add capsicum, cook for 2 minutes.
03. Add Chicken and cook until it changes from pink to brown, breaking it up as you go.
04. Add cumin, paprika, cayenne (if using), salt, pepper, and water. Cook for 2 minutes.
05. Add spinach, stir until wilted.
06. Cool before using.SPINACH FETA FILLING:
01. Place spinach, garlic, egg, and pepper in a bowl. Scrunch with hands to reduce volume and make spinach "floppy".Add feta and stir through.MAKING GOZLEME:
01. Spread Filling on half the pastry made with Elephant Medium Atta, pushing to the edge. Sprinkle Keema Filling with crumbled feta. Sprinkle Spinach Feta with mozzarella cheese
02. Fold other side of pastry over to cover Filling. Press down edges, pressing out excess air pockets trapped inside as you go. Use water if needed to seal well.
03. Sprinkle flour if needed to prevent stickingCOOKING:
01. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
02. Slide gozleme into pan. Cook, lightly pressing down (including edges), until deep golden and crispy - about 3 minutes. Flip and cook, pressing down lightly, until crispy.SERVING:
01. Transfer to cutting board. Cut into 6 or 8 pieces.
02. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.