Lauki ka Paratha with Pineapple Raita
Oven time 50-55 min
Lauki ka paratha is an easy Indian flatbread of bottle gourd and seasonings. It is a delectable powder-packed meal that can be served either as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve it with chilled pineapple raita. Simple yet wholesome meal platter, which will indeed be a crowd pleaser.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes.
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 6-8
Ingredients For Lauki ka Paratha
- 1 cup, lauki (bottle gourd), grated
- 4 tbsp, coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp, mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp, ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp, turmeric powder
- 1 tsp, cumin seeds
- ½ tsp, ajwain
- 1 to 2, green chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp, garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
- Ghee or Oil for frying the paratha
For Pinapple Raita
- 1 cup, curd
- ¼ cup, pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup, pineapple juice
- 1 tsp, lemon juice
- 1 tbsp, coriander leaves, finely chopped or paste
- ½ tbsp, mint, finely chopped or paste
- 1 to 2, green chilies, finely chopped or paste
- ½ tsp, cumin powder
- Salt to taste
We'd love your feedback
Method to make the Lauki Paratha
01.In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except water. Mix everything well.
02. Now, gradually add water and knead the mixture into a soft dough.
03. Cover with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
04. Meanwhile, heat the griddle
05. After 10 minutes, divide the dough into equal lemon sized balls.
06 . Take one dough ball, dust it with flour and roll it out into a 6 to 7 inches disc.
07 . Carefully, lift the paratha and place it on a hot griddle.
08 . Cook until light brown spots appear. Now flip the paratha and cook the other side for another few seconds until spots appear.
09 . Apply ghee or oil on both the sides and fry until they are golden brown.
10 . Repeat the same for all the balls and make the parathas.
Method to make Pineapple Raita
01. In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned for raita except the pineapple chunks.
02. Whisk everything well and check for seasonings.
03. Then add the pineapple chunks and mix.
04. Serve the pineapple raita with Lauki ka Paratha.