Palak Paneer Paratha
Oven time 50-55 min
These parathas are made with Elephant Atta Medium with Multigrain, the perfect blend of atta and specially selected grains which creates light and fluffy chapattis. Enjoy with raita, pickles or salad.
Ingredients For Dough
- 2 cups Elephant Atta Medium with Multigrain Atta
- 250g Spinach
- 1 green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
Ingredients For Filling
- 225g paneer, grated finely
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
Ingredients For Paratha
- Ghee as needed
We'd love your feedback
Method For Dough
01. Place spinach in a pot of boiling water along with a pinch of salt. Allow them to blanch for 5 minutes. Drain the spinach in a colander and run them under cold water.
02. Add spinach, green chilli & ginger in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste. Use a little water if required.
03. Prepare a dough - Mix flour, spinach puree, salt and knead into a pliable dough. If the dough is sticky, add a tbsp of flour at a time and knead. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil and knead again.
04. Cover the dough and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
Method For Filling
01. To prepare Paneer filling, place all the ingredients for filling in a bowl and mix well.
Method For Paratha
01. Divide the dough into 8 large lemon sized balls.
02. Pick one portion of dough at a time, dust and roll the dough ball to make a 3 inch circle. Spread 1/8 tsp ghee/oil in the middle.
03. Place 2-3 tsp of filling in the centre of the rolled dough. Starting right from the edge, begin pleating and seal the filling mixture with the dough. Dust some flour and roll the dough gently, ensuring the filling doesn't come out.
04. Dust and roll gently to make a 6 -7 inch paratha.
05. Heat a non stick pan/tava/ griddle to a high temperature
06. Transfer the prepared paratha on the griddle and cook until brown spots appear on one side. Flip and allow the paratha to cook on the other side until brown spots appear.
07. Spread a little ghee/oil on part cooked paratha. Flip again and you will find the paratha cooked nicely . Spread some more ghee/ oil and you will find the paratha puffs up really well.
08. Remove the cooked paratha's from the flame into a casserole dish and keep them covered.
09. Repeat the process with the rest of the Palak Paneer Paratha
10. Serve hot with raita, pickle and salad.