With the summer coming to an end and visiting family returning home, it’s time to begin preparing yourself and your family for the September ‘back to school’ routine. While some of you may be looking forward to returning to a sense of normality and structure, others may see it as a hectic period, what with having to shop for school supplies and think up interesting and exciting packed lunch ideas.
We often get bored of making the same lunches every day, so just think how boring it must get for the little ones who have to eat it?
This September why not change the repetitive routine of packed lunches. Our atta truly is all-purpose and will allow you to do so much with it. Here are some ideas:
- Use atta as a tortilla-style wrap and experiment with ingredients, either the usual sandwich fillings or even leftovers from the night before.
- Shred the chapatti into noodle like strips and mix with vegetables to create a stir-fry to give it a twist.
- Invest in thermal containers and give your children a traditional meal for lunch with dips and a side of homemade chapatti.
The NHS recommends starches, protein, dairy and fruit or vegetables to make a healthy, well-balanced meal. And while Elephant Atta promises to be healthy and gentle on the stomach, especially it’s Chakki Gold Atta, it is important to balance out the rest of meal. Here are our suggestions for maintaining this balance:
- Add protein to the meal and if you’re diet does not include meat, beans is a fantastic substitute.
- For dairy, add fruity yoghurt to your weekly shopping list. Try buying yoghurt that doesn’t require a spoon for convenience.
- Why not add a healthy portion of fruit too. But rather than give a whole apple, make a fruit salad in a container. That way, you will be able to monitor how much your children are eating and what they are enjoying.
These are just a handful of the many more ways you can be healthy and creative with Elephant Atta. Children can sometimes be fussy eaters and finding food they like can be tricky sometimes. If you have more than one child, this makes it even harder. Having chapatti as your basis is sure to provide inspiration.
With Elephant Atta by your side, you will start to enjoy making Chapattis and most importantly, your children will enjoy eating them. And if time is of the essence, prepare lunch the night before and even encourage the children to help, that way they will have something to look forward to. After all, there is a little cook in all of us!
Please share any Elephant Atta lunch box inspiration that comes your way on our Social Media. We look forward to hearing from you!