Chapatti Lahmajo / Lahmacun
- 400g finely minced meat (we have used lamb)
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 red and green bell peppers (finely chopped)
- Large handful of fresh parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dry mint
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped or crushed)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander or chives for garnish
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tbsp EA Chakki Gold flour
- 10 thick chapattis made (Check out Chakki Gold Chapattis Recipe)
We'd love your feedback
Oven time 50-55 min
Lahmajo are fabulous meat–topped flatbreads traditionally eaten in Armenia and across the Middle East (Lahmajun in Arabic).
Lahmajo is another great way of transforming traditional chapattis into an international dish with a touch of creativity. In this recipe, the whole-wheat EA Chakki Gold Atta is used as the base to produce a sublime, nutritious and easy meal that can be enjoyed for lunch, tea or dinner.
After all, the greater the diversity in our diet, the healthier we feel!
Method: Chapatti Lahmajo / Lahmacun
1. Make approximately 10 chapattis with the new Chakki Gold recipe (hyperlinked to ECG recipe). Wrap the chapattis carefully in a clean tea towel and set aside.
2. Preheat the Oven to 200 Degrees Celsius or Gas Mark 6.
3. Add the minced meat to a large mixing bowl, and mix carefully with dry mint, paprika, cayenne, flour, onion, red and green bell peppers, parsley, tomatoes, red pepper paste, garlic, and salt to taste. Making sure all the flavours are evenly dispersed throughout the mix.
4. Using a pre-prepared chapatti, spread out thinly approximately 3 tbsp of the lahmajo mince mixture leaving a small gap around the edge like a pizza base.
5. On a greased baking sheet place the Lahmajo and cook in the oven for 5 minutes on a lower shelf.
6. After 5 minutes, place on a higher shelf for an additional 5 minutes or until the mix is thoroughly cooked and piping hot throughout. The chapatti bread will turn golden brown round the edges.
7. Serve the delicious EA Chapatti Lahmajos hot, garnished with fresh coriander or chives and drizzled with olive oil.