Matar Paneer (Made with Tofu)
Oven time 50-55 min
Here is a healthy twist on an old favourite. Matar Paneer is a popular dish from North India, made with peas and paneer, which can be quite rich. We’ve used Tofu (soya paneer) instead of paneer which makes the dish dairy-free and also lighter in calorie and fat content, to a great alternative for those looking for healthier options. Enjoy it with soft chapattis made from our Chakki Gold atta.
- 300 g of firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon of mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon of cumin-coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon of red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 100 ml of water
- 450g of frozen peas
We'd love your feedback
01 Cut the tofu into 2 cm cubes and set aside.
02 Heat a pan on medium heat and add the mustard and cumin seeds. Once seeds pop add the onion until soft.
03 Tip in the tomatoes, puree and remaining spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
04 Add the tofu pieces and water, bring to a boil then add peas.
05 Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.